As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
What is SAP iXp?
SAP’s Internship Experience Project is a paid program that gives university students the space to find purpose in their careers. We believe that through placing passionate people on the right teams, providing leadership and learning opportunities, and working on impactful projects, purpose is born. Piqued your interest?
Three reasons to apply for SAP iXp:
- No more fetching coffee: Work on in-depth projects, emerging products, and technologies that drive business results.
- Lifelong learning: Meet with mentors, make new friends, and attend learning sessions from diverse subject matter experts.
- Gain visibility: With iXp in your title, you’ll have a global network of SAP leaders, entrepreneurs, and career development opportunities at your fingertips.
What you’ll do:
Position Title: SDE Intern
Location: Bellevue, WA
Expected start date to end date: June 2018 - August 2018 (10 week program)
In this role, you’ll:
- Work with us on Concur Open, helping to design the next set of features/processes that will allow Concur to effectively communicate incident status, resolution, etc to both internal and external stakeholders
- Develop a framework to expose desired performance and system load KPIs to be fed into a monitoring dashboard such as New Relic. This would be used for benchmarking and capacity planning of various micro services actively used by Concur products. The tool will provide a framework for retrieving various metrics and used in certification of micro services.
- Turn requirements into product: Work with Product Owners to understand customer needs and turn them into product.
- Contribute to an industry leading analytics platform: As part of the team you will be involved in the development of a real-time, scalable, and high performing spend analytics platform.
About the team:
Our team is dedicated to solving problems and impacting our million end-users. We work collaboratively with one another and have built trusted cross-functional relationships with teams across Concur and SAP.
Who you are:
We’re looking for someone who can challenge the status quo and likes to stay curious. You enjoy working on meaningful projects and are energized by lifelong learning.
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Experience developing with object-oriented programming languages including but not limited to Python, Java, and C#
- Understanding of RESTful APIs and SQL
- Familiar with deploying to cloud platforms such as AWS
- Basic TCP/IP knowledge
- Some experience with building production applications helpful
- Classes or projects related to Data Science and Analytics is a plus
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Ability to work cross-functionally across multiple disciplines
- Desire to learn
What you can expect from us:
- A summer packed full of events to ensure Interns understand Concur: our technologies, our competitive landscape, our culture and our leadership philosophy.
- Relocation and housing assistance (on a case by case basis)
- Commuter benefits (Bellevue only)
- Paid holiday time
- Well-stocked offices with snacks, sodas and candy
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Additional Locations :
Nearest Major Market: Seattle
Nearest Secondary Market: Bellevue
Click here for more info: http://jobs.sap.com/job/Bellevue-iXp-Intern-Software-Design-Engineer-Job-WA-98004/351944401/
• Post ID: 59369917 washington